- Download the application files and put them on your server or dev environment.
- Edit the config file: ./settings.php
- Set up some routes: ./controllers/_routes.php
- Make some templates: ./pages/index.hbs
- Go nuts!
- PHP >= 5.3
- MYSQL >= 3.0
- Apache >= 2.4 (nginx support coming soon)
- optional - allow_url_fopen (?? or whatever...if uploading files) - imagemagick (if messing with images) - apc (if you want to use db caching)
NOTE: If you're using Coda, install the handlebars mode for syntax highlighting in your templates.
it's pretty easy to see where everything is and what to do settings (global site vars, db setup, this is a good place to set timezone/debugging/upload/php settings, too) global functions / handlebars helpers controllers / routes [back end code]
you can organize the controllers folder however you want, it doesn't matter...just remember to link all the files you add in _routes.php (we want to automatically include all the files in this folder but there's no easy way to do that w/ php so whatev)
- find more helpers here: - https://github.com/JustBlackBird/handlebars.php-helpers
- how to work w/ the router: https://longren.io/basic-routing-in-php-with-altorouter/
FRONT END STUFF (you can easily comment this out if you don't want it, but it's super handy if you're doing stuff from scratch)
- tachyons - http://www.tachyons.io/
- jquery (& cookie)